I’m supposed to make a list, right? I have no choice? This is based solely on what I listened to most this year.
Top 10 Albums of 2005:
1. Set Yourself On Fire – Stars
Mp3 Set Yourself On Fire
2. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! – Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!
3. Odyssey – Fischerspooner
4. Picaresque – Decemberists
5. Room Noises – Eisley
6. Soviet Kitsch – Regina Spektor (rereleased this year so technically it counts)
7. Alternative to Love – Brendan Benson
8. The Understanding – Röyksopp
9. Gimme Fiction – Spoon
10. Bright Like Neon Love – Cut Copy
If you know me, you may have noticed the glaring omission of the White Stripes. As one who once made a Jack White chair, this is unexpected, but I just didn’t love it nearly as much as I hoped I would.
The year might be more accurately summed up by my favorite tracks rather than album, which will be coming…